Canadian Pacific, a North American transcontinental railway company, released its 2016 Sustainability Report.
Health and Safety Highlights
- In 2016, Canadian Pacific (CP) achieved an FRA train accident frequency (per million train-miles) of 0.97, a 27 percent improvement from 2015, which was 1.33
- This rate is the lowest in CP's history
- Personal injury frequency was 1.64, an 11 percent improvement from 2015, with 24 percent less injuries
- Introduced "Home Safe" initiative to reinforce safety accountability among its employees
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 13.2 percent between 2014 and 2016
- Over 68 percent of the 355 contaminated sites identified have been remediated to regulatory standards
For the full report, click here.