Incident prevention should always be a top priority for any business. With work-related injuries occurring daily, the need for incident reporting has increased. But incident data alone is not enough. Having a system in place that turns data into actionable results is what counts in order to reduce – and eliminate – workplace incidents.
Less Is More and More Is Less
The old saying about "less is more" can be applied to the concept of incidents and incident intelligence. The less you have in place to prevent incidents, the more time and money you’ll end up spending. Likewise, if you invest in a system that is more likely to reduce incidents, there will inevitably be less need for spending. So, in fact, higher incident intelligence leads to fewer downtime, not more.
Insight for Your EHS Program
What is recommended is a fool-proof system that works. Incident management software cuts to the core of the problem by developing a real-time actionable intelligence plan that is needed whenever and wherever an incident is reported. Solving the problem is much easier when you use incident management software. It helps improve business performance quicker than it would take you to handle the issue via a spreadsheet-based system.
Why Invest in Incident Management Software?
Here are some of the reasons you should consider this type of software for your organization:
- Manual review of incidents takes too long, and you have other things you need to be doing. By turning it over to incident reporting software, you put the tasks in the hands of automatic processes that can ensure proper steps are being followed 24/7, even when you are not aware there is a problem.
- Incident management software not only records and analyzes each incident, but also helps you plan the optimal response, before the problem becomes too big to handle.
- Many workplace incidents arise due to accidents that may occur on the field, so you need a system that is ready for anything.
- It allows you to instantly identify what the problems are and how to address them, so that they do not recur, creating a safer work environment.
- Incident reporting software helps you to make recommendations and predict future performance based on a finely-tuned set of metrics that are proven to be valid and practical.
Incident management software turns raw incident data into actionable insight. It's not just a data log of incidents or injuries, but a system the give you control over the situation in the most analytical, assertive way so that you can help the organization avoid incidents in the future. Now that's power!
To find out more about how you can reduce incidents, request a free trial today.